So, now that I’ve been laptopless for two days, I have to catch up (GMR’s desktop is too slow for me, so didn’t do much on it at all). I still need to get my Community Coffee Talk here, and the contest, and, since I didn’t work on Secret Graces for two days – lawd be! Nor did I work on Rose & Thorn work – lawdy!
I tell you what, though, it was kind of nice to be unhooked from the laptop. I had coffee on the couch (as I told y’all below), and I cleaned out my closet(!); I went through a stack of papers I’d been promising to go through for weeks(months); and et cetera. It was rather relaxing – and that leads me to the belief I need to unhook more often.
So, what are your plans for the weekend?
I will be in Greenville, South Carolina -seven authors/poets will be at two bookstores tomorrow, Saturday 11/21 – As The Page Turns & The Book Gallery. We’ll be talking, signing books, meeting readers. The Greenville Journal put a notice in their paper, so I’m hoping we have a good turn out. Here are the authors/poets involved:
• Dawn Cusick’s wonderful children’s science books are fun,
colorful, and chockful of fascinating facts.
• Angela Dove’s riveting account of a ‘real-life’ homicide and its aftermath is keeping readers mesmerized all over the country.
• Jayne Jaudon Ferrer’s charming gift books about family life will touch your heart and make you laugh out loud.
• Emily Sue Harvey’s inspiring story of a family divided, then reunited, is perfect for the holidays.
• Kathryn Magendie’s powerful debut novel about family secrets, ghosts, lost innocence, and love will leave you breathless and begging for more.
• Terry Rollins’ tales take you into the lives of military wives
as they deal with everything from protocol and pregnancy to self-esteem and separation.
• Mark Washburn’s guide to finding the love of your life will improve your relationship whether you’re dating, engaged, or long married.
So, go DO the Day and have a great weekend… I leave you with sweet Norah Kathryn –if this isn’t the sweetest photo, I don’t know what is! All together now: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW