This is a repeat of a post from March of 2007 – How damned appropriate that I stumbled on it now, when just about everything in my life is rushing forward so fast that many things will be left behind. It’s so apt, I had to re-post it . . . .
Ever have that feeling that perhaps things are moving faster than you are, but then, at the same time, you realize it is you who is moving faster than those around you, some those, not all those.
And particles whiz by your head as you hurtle, and you become afraid . . . and there are those who will chide your fear, but do not worry, for maybe they are ahead of you, but at least you are moving . . . moving . . . moving.
Left behind are ones who will miss you, and for once, you can’t worry about that, for there are shiny things ahead, shiny new things . . . and maybe they will be sharp and give you pain, but how do you know, until you hurtle there?
Ever have that feeling that things will never be the same again, that some action or thought or being will forever alter everything you tried to hold tight to yourself, until you give in and let go. And you feel excitement mixed with a scattered horror?
Ever have those feelings?
I’ll be back soon with another post from my “list,” below, from my “never say never” post.
- What not to do when you are alone and vulnerable
- When you are the one you says, “I want a separation”
- When you have said you “never” have writer’s block and suddenly you cannot write
- When you have to leave a place/an ideal/a way of life that you thought was “forever” because you said “never will I leave this place/ideal/way of life
- When disappointment in people attacks—when you realize the people you thought would call never do, and the ones you never thought would reach out to you do.
- When the word “lonely” expands beyond and above what you ever thought it could be
- When you think you cannot, absolutely cannot, face something—but then you do
- What happens next?
- At my age! . . . the prospects of dating and all that jazz (and being called a cougar—? Um, what?)